“I’m down with the MB, showing off my PT…”
As in Meyers Briggs Personality Traits, um, what were you thinking? Geez.
According to http://www.personality-power-for-everyday-living.com/INFP.html INFPs ( typically display the following characteristics:
- Is naturally empathetic and compassionate
- Is quietly and very idealistically watching everything
- Is naturally skilled communicators drawn to new ideas
- Is future oriented may struggle with in-the-moment practical thinking
- Is looking for meaning in absolutely everything and everyone
- Needs to believe they have contributed something to life
- Is deeply concerned with harmony and maintaining harmony is critical
- May appear at times to be aloof and cool, but still water run deep
- Does not have great respect for rules and regulations per se
- Is typically attracted to the abstract and symbolic
- Usually very open minded with a classless approach to people/society
Are they saying we INFPs are classless as in class-less? Or non classy? Unassigning class? Whichever, this looks pretty good.
Oohhh, under stress we also are known for :
- May bit off more than they can chew when under stress
- Will become rigid and perfectionist, feel very inadequate and self-critical
- May begin to take everything very personally and feel hurt (don’t make me turn off the comments and disable my email)
My favorite summary was on Personality Page. Bizarrely accurate. Made sense why we make each other nuts when we don’t understand the core of who someone is created to be.
Curious about your character traits that might describe you? Check out Personality Pathways.com for a free inventory. There seem to be 16 combinations, and it was fun to see how close the results were.
I was relieved to find out that INFPs make good writers. At least I am not passionate about the wrong field!
What is your opinion about these tests, take a quiz and come back here to share the results.