We love boxed brownies. Truly. Being out one day, I searched for a homemade version, which has been a disappointing venture in the past. Well Jody Shannon, wherever you are, we thank you for posting this to allrecipes.com. This will be THE recipe we use from now on. Incomparable. That said, probably about as unhealthy as you can get. Hence the perfect texture (minus the nuts)
One Bowl Brownies
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter or margarine is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake for 35 minutes (do not overbake).