Looking to create more meaningful writing? Impactful? Watch the endings.
Casual posts, like the previous 31 days series, are suitable for “dialogue” between the reader and writer. When we want to pack more punch, here are a few tips:
- Choose a relevant topic, make the focus sharp
- Give concrete examples to back up your POV
- Do you have an opinion? Based on your examples, explain it
- Offer related scripture, tie it to your topic, BUT be careful about taking things out of context to illustrate points
- Now, the most important part. What do you want readers to DO with the information? Leave a mental challenge. Something to reflect on and perhaps a call to action?
Help to transform us from consumeristic readers to active participants. Leave us with something that we can’t easily forget, and offer us a way to engage. Impact us, we are ready.